Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LAST POST # 30

Starting off on August 19, 2009, that being the first day of school, I have posted a total of twenty nine different posts, this will be my 30th and second to last post on my media communications blog. All of my posts have covered the different areas that we studied in class this year. The different posts cover books, videos, vlogs, photo studies, epic movies, and the process of creating movies, just to name a few. It was interesting to review all of my posts, my very first post was funny, I can tell that I was nervous writing it and that I hadn’t figured out all the little details about blogger. But, from there on out my posts got better! The content referred to the topic of study and there was even some paragraphs that were mainly me analyzing the topic of study and comparing it to others; in addition the length of my posts started off short, but soon grew longer and longer. It seems like the further we got into the year the longer my blog posts got and the more useful information they contained. Also, they became more and more organized throughout the year. To me the most interesting sections were the photo section and the movie section. It was interesting to analyze the pictures and look deeper to detect clues of alteration. Some pictures were changed, and whoever did it did it very well, but others changed them and did a really bad job of it. Overall analyzing the different pictures and the different types of changes that had been done was very interesting.

468_fake antelope photo china tibet train.jpg

My second favorite part about this class was the epic movie section. It wasn’t exactly the movies that we watched, but the different things involving the epic and the different types of screen shots. I had never been that involved in watching a movie before, but the Lord of the Rings was very interesting, especially with the different points that my fellow class mates pointed out. I do have to say that the movie was kind of creepy in addition to it’s epicness! The photo study and the movie studies were deffinately the most intreguing part of class for me. On the other hand the part of class that I disliked the most was the Digital Nation videos. These videos did not grab my interest like the other sections did. For your class next year I think you should have a weekly vlog or blog. This being just a type of digital journal of the class, without giving an actual assigned topic. I think this would be cool for students to just get on and write about what’s going on in the class freely, maybe it could be just a participation grade. Also I think in the future it would be easier for the students to stay organized if there was only one main networking source, mainly choose the wiki or blogger and not go back and forth between them. I think this would help to keep the assignments less confusing, so the students aren’t guessing which one and searching both of them for the assignment. Overall this class taught me a lot about our media and it has helped me to become more media literate. I often find myself thinking about a certain ad and what it really means and the different types of things they used to create it, that we learned about this year. This class was hectic and crazy at some points, but it was worth staying in it all year. It was a very cool class and had interesting information that was being taught. My teacher Mrs. Collins did an awesome job directing the class with the different topics and in addition to her, my fellow classmates always kept the class interesting!!

0 comments: